Monday, February 20, 2012

An ode to my family...

Seeing as we're celebrating Family Day here in Ontario...What better day to gush about my family!?

Reegan...My fabulous 3 3/4 year old daughter - Thanks for making me laugh every day...for making me cringe at times when you say what's on your mind while we're out...for testing my patience each and every day!!!...for giving me a glimpse of what I was like (both looks and behaviours) when I was younger and showing me how great the mother/daughter bond is, on the other end.

Caleb...Happy 18 month birthday little man. Crazy how fast time flies, and how much you change - every month/week/day. Now we're watching you try to talk, test out new words...We've done the mom/dad long ago...Thanks to Christmas - "HoHo" was quite easy and frequent. Dog came soon after, thanks to our favourite canine Remy (we love you too Nico!!!)...Wall and door, as random as they are were relatively quick to come along. Now we've added 'meow and ruff', to talk to Remy and Jinx. Thanks for giving me reason to smile every day...showing me how special the bond between mother/son is...and for giving me the aggravation many times a day, when I wish you could "use your words".

Paul...My wonderful husband. Thank you for being you, for being a incredible father and a loving husband. Thank you for working so hard to take care of us, and surprise us every now and then. Thank you for being the best husband I could have chosen and a father I want R to look up to and C to aspire to be like. I will be ecstatic if R finds a man like you one day, and C turns into a father as fantastic as you, later in life.

Mom...We've been through a lot over the years - and have an unbreakable bond. Good times, bad times...happy and sad, we've seen them all. I have learned a lot from you, and now as a mother myself, I still learn from you. I love the relationship we had at the beginning, how it changed as I got older, and now from one mother to another...Thanks for being the best mother to learn from, and being the best Gia ever...my kids are super lucky to have you in their lives.

Dad...the smartest man ever, who has so much to teach those around him. His tough exterior is no match for his kind heart and the love he has for his family. If you're in his family/circle, he'll give you the shirt off his back, even if it's his last. He'll support his family in every way possible, and finds each opportunity to teach lessons to those around him. His dog is the greatest and can do no wrong ;-) -- Nico trumps everyone, and I'm okay with that!...because I see him turn to mush when there grand kids are over...The smile on his face and the sparkle in his eyes when they are around is all I need to see...

Nick...the best brother in town. Although our age difference is larger than most (10 years), we have made it work. We've gone through many stages...but now we're more equal than ever. You've grown into a great young man and I can't wait to see what you do next with yur life. I'm so excited to see where your life takes you and what you will accomplish. And I am so glad my kids have an amazing uncle...so much fun to play with, and buys them awesome shoes!! Thanks for being you Nick :-)

Those are the greatest people in my life...who are forever in my corner and will help me always. I love my family,today and every day. To my friends, who are like my family in many ways....I love you too. I hope everyone has a great Fail Day, and has had a great weekend too.

T.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment